Wednesday, August 6, 2008

bludfezt

Lesson Lesson Lessen Relearn - Live at Bloodfest - 08/02/08


Back from Bloodfest last weekend... wow, it was completely amazing. So many great bands (Lazy Magnet, Russian Tsarlag, Then & Than, The Oals, Limp Lungs, Blood Mountain, Newton + Slow Owls, Skeleton Warrior, and other amazing ones that I probably forgot!). Easily one of, if not the best Lazy Magnet set I've ever seen. Same with Then & Than. Newton was in prime form. It felt incredible just to be back with all of those dudes doing what we all do best. I've alluded to it in the past, but I'll be blunt: The "Florida and Beyond" connection is one of the best things to happen to music in a very, very long time. Sometimes I stop and think about where we all were six years ago and how far we've come, and honestly, how much of an impact it's had. I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything in the world.

The above video is Lesson Lesson Lessen Relearn (half of, at least) accompanied by Todd Lynne on drums. It was a fun set. Who needs more than 1:30 of that racket anyways? In any case, expect a cassette on Ted Records before the end of the year and a split 7" with one of my favorite artists ever shortly thereafter.

If you don't have the most recent Lazy Magnet recording "Is Music Even Good," you should get it immediately. Jeremy Harris is one of the most capable musicians I've ever met, and this recording is set to blow minds. I've been listening to it non-stop since International Noise Conference 08. As incredible as it is, I've got a feeling it's just the tip of the iceberg. Corleone Records has you covered.

Surprise, surprise! The dudes are back! What's YR Damage? will be playing with Newton this Saturday in Portland, OR. There also a lot of other great bands playing. I think it's at a place called the Holy Mountain, and the show is done by a gentleman named Gordon. If that makes sense, then you probably know what's up. Unfortunately I've never been to Portland, so I don't know much about the show. Good chance What's YR Damage? will be playing on Tuesday August 12th in Oakland with Cellblock, Social Junk and Big Nurse. I guess we'll see.

I know I've neglected this blog since right after INC. There are a lot of recordings of things from the past I want to put up, as well as new stuff. I've been busy with my visual arts lately. If you're going to be in the Miami area tomorrow night (Thursday August 7th), a video of mine will be shown at the Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami in the Optic Nerve X program. It'll also be shown from about mid-September to mid-October in the MOCA lobby.

More to come when I return from my West Coast trip in about a week and a half!

No comments: