Monday, March 23, 2009

SXSW

Returned from SXSW late yesterday afternoon. A really great time was had by myself and the What's YR Damage? team. Unyielding gratitude goes to Rat Bastard for asking us to play. I recorded sets from Laundry Room Squelchers, Darker Florida, Sanguine Piss, Ryan Jewell and Lazy Magnet. I should be able to put the What's YR Damage? set up later in the week.

Download: INC @ SXSW

SXSW was actually a blast for my first time going. Saw lots of great bands (Silver Apples, Devo, Woods, Frodus reunion, the whole INC showcase), some not-so-hot ones, and didn't sleep for about two days since our hotel was overbooked despite us having a reservation. Got to eat more burritos and tacos than I'll want for a long time (and I love burritos and tacos), hang out and swim in my underwear at Barton Springs, see old friends, and just generally have a great weekend that was much needed.

Looks like WYD? is trying to pull it together to do a tour in August. If we can pull off playing shows in Miami and Austin in the last two months, the prospects for this are looking bright. Stay tuned.

No comments: